Applicants must submit a current résumé, cover letter, and two professional references. The application deadline is May 19, 2023 or until filled.
The Executive Director is Responsible for the planning, coordination, and direction of GCDC’s operations and programs. Candidates are expected to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position with the potential for other duties to be assigned to achieve the objectives of the organization.
Property Development and Renovation:
Actively promote new development, adaptive reuses, and upgrades of buildings and properties within the context of Pennsylvania Downtown Center’s Main Street Approach.
- Work closely with the City of Greensburg Planning and Development department and other public agencies including the Westmoreland Land Bank, Redevelopment Authority of the County of Westmoreland, and the Westmoreland County Planning Department to plan and administer community and economic development projects and neighborhood enhancement projects.
- Maintain a database of commercial property and businesses within the City of Greensburg. The inventory will contain office space/retail space available for lease, and commercial property available for sale.
Business Development and Growth:
- Actively promote business opportunities within the City with a primary focus on the Main Street and Health Care Districts before extending to the other areas of the municipality.
- Perform the duties of a liaison between businesses and the City, and become familiar with site location needs, business plan development, and municipal permitting processes to ensure the successful start and growth of new businesses.
- Communicate GCDC programs, activities, and results to business owners, property owners, citizen groups, and service organizations.
- Organize and execute the Annual Development Conference.
Finance and Fundraising:
- In cooperation with the board of directors, develop and implement an overall strategy for GCDC fundraising efforts to achieve organizational goals including but not limited to corporate partnerships, events sponsors, and Hometown Hero Banners.
- Manage the annual budget of the GCDC. Work with the executive committee regarding the use of revenue income.
- Manage the City of Greensburg Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance Program (LERTA). Additionally, manage the captured funds in the Greensburg Revitalization Fund and Façade Improvement Program.
- Research, explore, and cultivate funding opportunities from state and federal agencies, public corporations, non-profits, and individuals and write and assemble all components of grant proposals to public and private sources.
- Conduct regular booking keeping and prepare proper tax documents for the annual audit.
- Report to and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors.
- Prepare for and facilitate board meetings, annual board planning meeting and budget process.
- Attend and participate in committee meetings (fund development, marketing, etc.).
- Work with the board to develop, present, and implement a strategic plan for the GCDC.
- Recruit, train, and supervise college intern(s).
- Ensure publication of a newsletter and website to clearly articulate GCDC’s mission, goals, and accomplishments, to acknowledge donors, and, where appropriate, share community news.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness of all GCDC communication to any constituents and the community.
- Maintain updates to GCDC website (thinkgreenburg.com) as well as social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years related experience preferred.
- Takes initiative.
- Possesses the ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Is flexible, organized, and works collaboratively
- Experience with an office environment including word processing, spreadsheets, and office equipment. Proficient with office technology and Microsoft Office package and a working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, government officials, community representatives, local businesses, and the public.
- Excellent facilitation and fundraising skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Holds a valid driver’s license and maintains reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Compensation, Work Environment, and Conditions of Employment
The yearly salary is $42,000 – $47,250. It is expected that the successful candidate will work at least 40 hours per week.
The Executive Director will primarily conduct their work within a professional office environment at GCDC’s office in Greensburg. However, many meetings, events, and fieldwork activities occur outside of the office.
Candidates must submit to a PA State Police Criminal History Background Check.